The Middle Youghiogheny is the family experience in Ohiopyle. Everybody participates in the fun as you paddle your raft or inflatable kayak along the 11 mile, scenic Middle Youghiogheny and through 10 playful rapids. Nothing says togetherness like a day spent rafting down a lazy river and our professional guides help you discover the wonders of nature during this introduction to whitewater rafting.
White Water Adventurers is located inside of Ohiopyle State Park alongside the Youghiogheny River and in the middle of western Pennsylvania’s best known outdoor adventure destination. We are only an hour south-east of Pittsburgh.
The Middle Yough at a Glance
- This river is recommended for:
- Families with Young Children 5 & Up, Beginning Rafters, Beginning Kayakers
- The Middle Yough is Class:
- This Section is Class I and II. What does this mean?
- What months does it run?
- The Middle Yough runs from April - October
- How long is the trip?
- The Middle Yough Trip runs for 11 miles. This usually takes between 3.5 and 5 hours.
- Is lunch provided?
- Yes, a deli style lunch will be served river-side.
- Will there be a guide in my boat?
- During high water situations, a guide is in every boat. At normal water levels the guides are paddling beside you in kayaks. For a small fee you may add a guide to your raft during normal river levels.